Gingerbread cookies! These ones are a definite hit at ours… the little man is so picky about the things he eats but for some he loves gingerbread spices! 😀
the recipe is adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- All purpose flour - 280gm or 2 and 1/4 cups
- Brown sugar - 150gm or 3/4 cup
- Butter - 175 gm or 6 ounces.
- Egg - 1 large
- Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 11/2 teaspoon
- Molasses - 60ml or 1/4 cup
- Gingerbread spice - 2 teaspoon (Recipe for the gingerbread spice mix at the bottom)
- Granulated sugar - 50gm or 1/4 cup (for rolling)
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and light.
- Add and beat the egg.
- Add the molasses and the vanilla, beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Sift the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, baking soda and the gingerbread spice mix into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients from slow to medium fast. Cover the bowl with a cling film and chill for 2 hours to overnight.
- Once cooled, remove the bowl from refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350F. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Weigh out about 20 -25gm cookie dough balls. Roll the balls in the granulated sugar and place them on the parchment sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Once baked, let them cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, the cookies stay fresh for a week in airtight container.
- You can freeze these 2-3 months, bring them to room temperature or out of fridge for 30 minutes before baking.
Ps: These make amazing edible Christmas gift! All you need is a pretty bottle, a label and a pretty twine! 😀