Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Butter (cold and cubed) – 100gm
- Caster sugar – 200gm
- Heavy cream/ double cream (or) even the thick part of amul cream – 125ml
- Sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon
You can find the step by step instructions in the DIY section or click on this link here
Caramel- Peanut Filling:
- Caramel Sauce – 4-5 tablespoons
- Toasted peanuts – 100gm
Chocolate Cupcakes: (makes about 12 standard cupcakes)
- Flour – 120gm
- Butter – 100gm
- Eggs -2
- Sugar – 100gm
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder – 50gm
- Melted Dark Chocolate – 50gm
- Coffee – 60ml
- Milk – 60ml
Peanut butter Buttercream Frosting:
- Butter – 70gm
- Peanut Butter – 60gm (smooth/Creamy)
- Icing sugar – 250gm + more if needed
- Dash of milk
- Preheat the oven to180 degrees celsius. Line the muffin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- Add the melted chocolate and coffee into the mixture.
- Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking powder into the mixture.
- Add the milk and mix thoroughly until completely incorporated.
- Scoop in the batter to 2/3rd of the liner.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, check from about 18 minutes with a skewer to check if completely baked.
- Once baked, let it cool
Caramel -Peanut Filling:
- Toast the peanuts in the oven until slightly golden brown.
- Spoon in 4-5 tablespoons of salted caramel Sauce.
- Add more if as you need.
- Mix it well.
Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting:
- In a large bowl, Cream the butter and the peanut butter.
- Add the icing sugar in small batches and keep beating ,
- Add a dash of milk for smoothness.
- Whisk it all for a couple of minutes until the required consistency.
- Using the cupcake career or the back of a spoon, remove the centre of the cupcake.
- spoon in the filling.
- Frost with the peanut butter buttercream frosting.
- Drizzle on some peanuts and the caramel sauce on the frosting!