This is an adaptation from Nigella Lawson’s everyday brownies. This is one of the favorite thing for customers at Axl’s corner.
Cocao powder – 85gm
Eggs – 4 large
Butter – 150gm
Brown sugar – 300 gm
White sugar – 75 gm
Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Dark chocolate – 70 gm
Walnuts – 50 gm (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees Celsius.
- Chop up the walnuts and the dark chocolate and keep aside.
- Butter the brownie pan and keep it ready.
- In a heavy buttom pan, melt the butter on low heat. Once the butter is melted add the brown sugar and the white sugar and let it melt.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add in the Cocao powder and mix well.
- Add the melted butter and sugar mix to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
- Add a teaspoonful of vanilla.
- Add one egg at a time and mix it with an electric blender or a spatula.
Look at that smooth glossy batter! Everytime I bake I resist myself from eating the batter 😀
- Pour in the Batter into the brownie pan. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts and dark chocolate on the batter I also tried mixing them in the batter, which is also very good!)
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes and check with a tooth pick or with a small knife.
Once baked, let it cool a bit before taking it out of the brownie tray! So as to prevent any brownies from sticking to the tray!
Don’t they just look gorgeous!