hello you guys!!
I am going to stop saying sorry for not posting regularly now 😀 . Good news, I finally got my paws on a sheet cake pan but its still a wee too big for us. This is from Fat Daddio’s 7×11 inch sheet cake pan , if you guys know where I can find smaller cake pans online shoot this way 🙂
Saffron & Rose Water Sheet Cake:
And here is the sheet cake , it is inspired / adapted from Ottolenghi’s New book “Sweet” that book is one of my new fav cookbooks. The sheet cake is a saffron & rose water sheet cake with pistachios, the cake is then soaked in orange blossom honey syrup and drizzled with more pistachios. You can garnish it with rose buds and saffron too to make super extra pretty.
- Saffron and Rose water Cake: (9x11' sheet cake)
- All purpose flour - 360gm or 3 cups
- Butter - 300gm / 1 1/3 cups
- Sugar - 300gm / 11/2 cups
- Baking powder - 3 teaspoons
- Rose water - 2 teaspoons
- Saffron - 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk - 125ml / 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 6 large
- Pistachios - 50 gm (roasted + chopped) + 25 gm for garnish
- Honey - 1/2 cup
- Orange blossom water - 1 teaspoon
- Pistachios for garnish
- In a pan, add the milk and saffron and let it heat for a few minutes.
- Once the milk is infused, take it off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees . Grease and line the sheet cake pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Using a paddle attachment fixed on a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add and beat one egg at a time until completely incorporated.
- Add the saffron infused milk and rose water into the mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the wet mixture and mix for a couple of minutes until mixed thoroughly, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well.
- fold in the roasted chopped pistachios in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cake is baking, add the honey and orange blossom water in a small pan.
- Heat this mixture on low heat and let is combine.
- Pour this mixture over the hot cake out of the oven.
- Sprinkle and garnish with chopped pistachios.
- serve with cups of tea and love 😀