Happy mother’s day to all the mother’s out there!!! a special mother’s day wishes to mothers of little monkeys…
Banoffee Pie, Jason used to make this often as this was one of the most easiest desserts, super quick to whip up and super delicious! Do make this even if its just for yourself! 😉 promise you its worth it!!
Ingredients: (makes 3 mini pies)
- Tennis biscuit/ graham crackers / nice biscuits – 200gm
- Butter – 60 gm
- Condensed milk – 1 can (400gm)
- Water – 3-5 litres . (depending on your pot size)
- Nestle Caramel Treat – 1 tin
- Banana – 1 large
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – 150ml
- Icing sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate – 30gm
- If you guys are the lucky ones to get caramel treat tin! then use that… if not use this method
- Take a large pot, fill it with water and let it come to boil. Drop in the tin of condensed milk.
- Make sure the water in the pot is covering the tin in the pot. Cook the tin on simmering heat for about 2.5 – 3 hours.
- Please ensure that the pot is always full of water and covering the tin completely (you do not want hot, gooey and delicious toffee sauce all over your kitchen! )
- Once cooked for that entire time, take it carefully out of water and let the tin cool completely.
- Once its cooled completely, you can open the tin and use the sauce in banoffee pies, on waffles, pancakes or scoop out with a spoon and lick it clean! 😀
- In a blender, drop the cookies ( I had some leftover graham crackers, so i used that) and grind it almost fine.
- Scoop out all the crumbs in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour it in the cookie crumbs bowl.
- Mix well until it resembles wet sand.
- On the base of the pie tin, press it with the back of a spoon or your fingers until uniform thickness.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Filling and assembly:
- Whip up the fresh cream until stiff peaks are formed. Add the icing sugar and vanilla in the cream and whip for 30 seconds.
- Let the whipped cream chill in the refrigerator.
- On the chilled pie tins with cookie crust, add 3-4 tablespoons of toffee sauce.
- Slice the bananas, sprinkle the lemon juice on top of the sliced bananas.
- This helps in the bananas to not turn black.
- Arrange a layer of sliced bananas on the toffee layer.
- Add a big dollop or two of whipped cream and smoothen it around the edges.
- Grate the chocolate and use it as a garnish on top of the whipped cream. Sprinkle some cookie crumbs too as garnish
- Chill the pies for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Make it for that special lady in your life! or make it just for yourself 😉
Happy Mother’s day you guys!