After watching Masterchef Australia for a while, I really wanted to try and make honey comb! Most of the recipes I found online had corn syrup, I finally found a great recipe that uses honey as the main ingredient as it should be used. 😀
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- Honey -1/2 cup
- White sugar - 250gm
- Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - pinch
- Baking soda - 1 tablespoon
- Grease and line a deep tray or bowl with parchment paper.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the honey, sugar and salt. Heat the mixture upto 150 degrees celsius. Stir it with a spatula, so that its completely mixed.
- At this point, it should have a deep caramel colour.
- Switch off the stove, add vanilla and baking soda. This will foam up quite a bit (try and use a larger pot so it doesn't spill out!). Keep stirring the mixture until its all incorporated.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan or bowl.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once you think its completely cool, break it up into pieces and store it in an airtight box.
*sift the baking soda before adding into the mixture.
Adapted from Acozykitchen
2 thoughts on “Honeycomb”
How absolutely lovely! Like eating honey clouds.
Thank you! 🙂 they are light and crunchy!