Homemade Caramel Popcorn:
I have never been crazy about popcorn except caramel popcorn that hits the sweet spot 😀 . I’ve been wanting to make some at home and every recipe you find online has corn syrup in it.. This recipe does not use corn syrup, I am all for anything sweet but I kind of always feel like corn syrup is something i never really liked using. So here is a recipe of my homemade caramel popcorn after a couple of tests and trials. Its perfect for binge eating over the weekends muhaha!
Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- Corn - 100gm or 1/2 cup
- Butter - 15gm or 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Butter - 150gm
- Brown sugar - 200gm
- Cream of Tartar - 1/8 teaspoon
- Popcorn from above
- Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
- In a large pot with lid, heat the add butter and oil on low-medium heat.
- Add the corn kernels and cover the lid.
- Keep the lid on until the popping stops.
- Once the popping stops, take it out of pan.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius or 320F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large heavy bottomed sauce pan, add the butter, sugar and cream of tartar on medium heat.
- Mix with a silicone spatula regularly, so that it melts completely.
- Once its all dissolved, take the pan off the heat.
- Add the vanilla and baking soda (This will bubble up).
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and mix well.
- Spread the caramel coated popcorn on to the baking sheet.
- Bake for about an hour mixing it every 15 minutes.
- Let it cool and store in an airtight container.
In an airtight container it stays fresh for 10-15 days (if it survives that longer before you gobble it up!)
Happy weekend you guys…