So Halloween is here!! Well technically they dont really celebrate that in India…But i wanted my little one to have a halloween also i get to bake some things.. I know i get more excited than anyone for these things!!! 😀 Anywhooo the spread i planned and made was
1. Toffee apple cake
2. Ghost Cupcakes
3. Poison apples and
4. Halloween Sugar cookies ( I forgot to take pictures of them with the rest of the things and i found out i didnt have them in the photoshoot after we started gobbling on some of the delights… we are bad!!
Ingredients (makes 6 standard size cupcakes)
Devils Food Cake Cupcake:
- Flour -60gm
- Eggs -1 large
- Brown Sugar – 40gm
- White Sugar -35gm
- Cocoa powder -30gm
- Hot Expresso – 4 tablespoons
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg Whites – 2
- Caster Sugar – 100gm
- Water – 60ml
- Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
- Cream od tartar – 1/2 teaspoon
Devil’s Food Cake Cupcake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line the muffin tin with standard cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, using an electric bender or a spatula cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in the egg with the butter- sugar mixture. Add the vanilla and Expresso.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and the cocoa powder and mix till completely incorporated. Do not over mix the batter, it forms air and the resultant cupcakes will have small holes all over.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners, fill upto 2/3rd of the liner.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, check from about 18 minutes. Check with a skewer or a tooth pick, once baked let them cool.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add the sugar and water and let it melt and once boiled, take it off the heat.
- In a large bowl, Add the egg whites and cream of tartar and start whisking.
- Keep adding the sugar syrup and keep whisking.
- Add the vanilla and keep whisking, until stiff peaks are formed.
Pipe with a round nozzle, paint eyes and mouth with some black food colouring and there you go… your halloween ghost cupcakes!!
Happy Halloween and Happy Baking