Its Gingerbread time!!! let the house smell like christmas.. These biscotti, perfect for getting your dose of christmas in your first cup of coffee!!!
- AP flour – 120gm
- Egg -1
- Dark brown sugar – 80gm
- Butter – 50gm
- Gingerbread Spice – 3 teaspoons
- Chopped Hazelnuts, candied orange peel (find the recipe in the DIY section), dry cranberries and white chocolate chips – 60gm
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- for the egg wash: egg – 1, brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and bown sugar. Add and beat it the egg.
- Sift theflour, gingerbread spice and baking powder in the wet mix. Mix well.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and fruit bits until completely incorporated.
- Shape the dough like a fat log on the cookie sheet lined with parchement sheet.
- Whisk the second egg and apply it on the log, using a pastry brush. Sprinkle the dark brown sugar for the extra crunch!
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Once baked, take it out and slice it into smaller slices.
- Bake again for 10 minutes on each side.
- Once its double baked, let it cool on the cooling rack!
- You can drizzle some melted chocolate or even dip an end in the melted chocolate! (optional)