My first post in the new section of the blog, i have been planning on starting a Sourdough and bread section where in I would give detailed step by step instructions with sourdough and other bread that I have tried. This one is Cheesy Pull apart sourdough bread made for a recipe contest using Sprig Spice mix using homemade sourdough bread!
- Homemade or store bought sourdough -1 (approx 500gm)
- Butter - 50gm + 20 gm for brushing
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Chedder Cheese - 200gm
- Genoa: Italian Spice Blend - 2 teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- Take the fresh sourdough bread and slice it all over horizontal and across the bread to about an inch thick. Make sure you do not slice it all the way to the bottom.
- Cut the 50gm butter into small cubes and add in every crack of the bread. Chop the garlic into tiny bits and also add that to wherever you have added butter.
- Grate the chedder cheese and add it also into every crack of the bread, where you have already added the butter and garlic.
- Sprinkle Sprig's Genoa: Italian Spice Blend onto the grated cheese that is stuffed into the bread.
- Melt the 20gm butter and brush all over the loaf using a pastry brush.
- Transfer this loaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once its golden brown on top, take it out of the oven and serve hot with some soup or you can just eat it as it is.
- Cheese, butter and spices! do not skimp on any of them! and eat it hot!!!