What do you do when you have leftover bananas at home? I think of making banana loaf every single time and end up throwing them away coz I usually forget -_- I knowww!! its horrible 😀 . But this time it seemed like it was a perfect time to make this banana bourbon cake. I also had some leftover dulce de leche from a Banoffee pie 😀 which should have been on the blog. But we ate it all before i could take pictures of it (sometimes you just gotta eat em all) 😀 . Coming back to the Banana Bourbon cake, this is one moist banana cake with pecans and bourbon. The banana bourbon cake is topped with light fluffy whipped cream with swirls of bourbon infused dulce de leche. Doesn’t that sound good ? 😀 The recipe for banana bourbon cake is as follows
Banana Bourbon Cake
Bourbon Dulce De Leche
- Home made / Store bought Dulce de leche - 75gm / a scant 1/4 cup
- Bourbon - 2 teaspoons
- Cream - 1 tablespoon
Banana Bourbon Cake: 1 x 8inch cake
- Banana - 250 gm mashed / 3 bananas / 3/4 cup
- Pecans - 50gm
- All purpose flour - 180gm
- Brown sugar - 100gm / 1/2 cup
- 2-3 tbsp Bourbon add more if you like a punch!
- Eggs - 3 large
- Butter - 150gm
- Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- Heavy whipping cream - 250ml / 1 cup
Bourbon Dulce de leche
- In a heavy bottom small sauce, add all the ingredients and whisk.
- Let it heat up for 5-10 minutes until completely mixed.
- Remove from heat and cool it until needed.
Banana Bourbon Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C /350F degrees. Grease and line the cake tin with parchment.
- In a bowl fitted with a paddle attachment of a stand mixer, add butter and sugar.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add and beat one egg at a time. Add bourbon and the mashed banana to this mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in small batches.
- Beat the mixture for a couple of minutes until its completely incorporated. Scrape the sides and beat again couple of times.
- Fold in the chopped pecans in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until completely baked.
- Check with wooden skewer to see if baked completely.
- Once baked, let it cool on a cooling rack.
Whipped cream topping
- In a bowl, add the chilled heavy cream. Using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, whisk the cream until its stiff.
- Top the cake with pillowy whipped cream.
- Pour spoonfuls of bourbon dulce de leche and swirl the dulce de leche on the cream using the palette knife.
Enjoy with a large cuppa! 😀