We now in the land of maple syrup, so please excuse me for over indulging my cakes with maple syrup! 😀
The cake is an apple cake filled and frosted with maple buttercream and garnished with crispy apple crisps. The recipe for the apple crips is in the DIY Section or click on the link below !
Apple Maple Cake
- Chopped Apple - 150gm
- Water - 125ml or 1/2 cup
- Apple sauce - 200gm or approx 3/4 cup
- Flour - 120gm or 1 cup
- Butter - 100gm or approx 4 oz
- Dark brown sugar - 100gm or 1/2 cup
- Baking powder -1 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs - 2 large
- Butter - 80 gm or 3 oz.
- Maple syrup - 3 tablespoons
- Icing sugar - 200-250gm 7-8 oz.
- Apple crisps: Recipe in DIY section link will be posted at the bottom
- In a heavy sauce pan, add the apple pieces and water. Cook till completely soft.
- Once cooked, take it off the heat. Keep aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Grease and line the 3 x 4 inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar in the bowl. Beat and cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy on medium speed.
- Reduce the speed and add and beat one egg at a time.
- Scrape down the sides using a rubber spatula.
- Turn the speed to low, sift the dry ingredients into the mixer bowl. Mix the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Divide the batter into 3 pans. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Check with a wooden skewer to see if completely baked.
- Once the cakes are baked, let them cool on a cooling rack.
- In a large bowl, add the butter. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Cream the butter, on low-medium speed.
- Reduce the speed to low, add 100gm of icing sugar.
- Add the maple syrup and another 100gm of the icing sugar. Beat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the last 50gm icing sugar if needed (if frosting is too thin).
Assembly of the cake
- Place a layer (bottom layer) on the cake board or cake plate.
- Cover the top of the cake layer with maple syrup buttercream frosting.
- Place another layer and repeat till they are all frosted.
- Use the rest of the buttercream to frost around the cake and on top.
- Garnish with Apple Crips!