We went apple picking couple of weeks back! we went to this cute farm in Abbotsford, BC called the Willow view farms. We also ended up picking a whole lot of pumpkins and gourds. This will be the little man’s first real halloween! 😀 anywhooo .. i picked a whole lot of apples obviously, now to start the fall baking away! 😀 here is one of the apple first apple recipes of the season! 😀
- All purpose flour - 180 gm (or) 1 1/2 cup
- Butter - 150gm (or) 1 1/2 stick
- Eggs - 3 large
- Dark brown sugar - 150gm (or) 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder - 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk - 125ml
- Apples (HoneyCrunch) - 4
- All purpose flour - 50gm (or) 1/2 cup
- Butter - 50gm (or) 1/2 stick
- Dark brown sugar - 50gm or 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
- Add and mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Crumble the butter into the flour mixture. Keep aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line the cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add and beat one egg at a time.
- Add milk into the mixture.
- Sift the cinnamon, flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Peel and halve the apples, slice them thin like you would do a hasselback.
- Place the halved and sliced apples into the batter.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture on the batter.
- Sprinkle a wee bit of cinnamon powder on top for extra kicks!
- Bake for about 45 minutes, check to see if completely baked with a wooden skewer.
- Once baked, let it cool on a cooling rack
- Serve with a dollop of cream and tea!