Apple Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
We went apple picking couple of weeks back! we went to this cute farm in Abbotsford, BC called the Willow view farms. also ended up picking a whole lot of pumpkins and gourds. This will be the little man’s first real halloween! 😀 anywhooo ..
I picked a whole lot of apples obviously, now to start the fall baking away! 😀 here is one of the apple first apple recipes of the season! 😀
The recipe is as follows:
- All purpose flour - 180 gm (or) 1 1/2 cup
- Butter - 150gm (or) 1 1/2 stick
- Eggs - 3 large
- Dark brown sugar - 150gm (or) 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder - 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk - 125ml
- Apples (HoneyCrunch) - 4
- All purpose flour - 50gm (or) 1/2 cup
- Butter - 50gm (or) 1/2 stick
- Dark brown sugar - 50gm or 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
- Add and mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Crumble the butter into the flour mixture. Keep aside until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line the cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add and beat one egg at a time.
- Add milk into the mixture.
- Sift the cinnamon, flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Peel and halve the apples, slice them thin like you would do a hasselback.
- Place the halved and sliced apples into the batter.
- Sprinkle the streusel mixture on the batter.
- Sprinkle a wee bit of cinnamon powder on top for extra kicks!
- Bake for about 45 minutes, check to see if completely baked with a wooden skewer.
- Once baked, let it cool on a cooling rack
- Serve with a dollop of cream and tea!