Mixed Berry Muffins…
This week we were at Goa, meeting a couple of friends from Spain that studied with us (Me and Jason) in Holland. I baked a few of these before leaving for mom and her friends, they love my cakes 😀
Ingredients: (makes 12 standard size, 9 mini muffins)
- All Purpose Flour – 250gm
- Eggs – 3 large
- Sugar – 100gm + 2 teaspoons for sprinkling
- Butter – 100gm
- Baking powder -2 teaspoons
- Thick yogurt – 250ml
- Mixed berries – 120 gm (Raspberries, Strawberries and red currant)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line the muffin tin and the mini muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In the sugar- butter mixture, add and beat one egg at a time.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until completely incorporated.
- Fold in the berries.
- Fill the batter to 2/3rd of the liner for the standard muffins. For the mini muffins, spoon in couple of spoonfuls of the batter into a piping bag and pipe the batter into the mini muffin liners.
- Sprinkle the tops with some sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for the standard muffins and 10-12 minuted for the mini ones.
- Enjoy with a cup of ice tea! or a warm cup of Joe!