Its a Lemon – Lavender Cupcake!!! (Makes 9 standard cupcakes)
Lavender Infused Milk
- Milk – 125ml
- Lavender – 1 teaspoon
- Flour – 120gm
- Butter – 100gm
- Sugar – 100gm
- Eggs – 2 large
- Buttermilk – 125ml
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 small lemons / 1 large lemon
- Lemon Extract – 1/4 teaspoon
Lavender – White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- Lavender Infused Milk – 5 teaspoons
- White Chocolate – 70gm
- Butter – 75 gm
- Icing Sugar – 250gm
Lavender Infused Milk:
- Add the teaspoon of lavender to cold milk and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Once boiled, let it cool.
- Strain the lavender before using it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in one egg at a time with the butter- sugar mix.
- Add the lemon juice and extract (you can also add lemon zest if you want to).
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, Add the buttermilk.
- Mix it all thoroughly gently as over-mixing causes air bubbles in the batter.
- Pour in the batter into the cupcake liner upto 2/3rd of the liner.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, check from about 18 minutes.
- Once baked, let it cool on a cooling rack.
Lavender- White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl on a pan with simmering water. Let it cool.
- Cream the butter and half of the icing sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add the cool white chocolate and the lavender infused milk and beat with an electric blender or a spatula for a couple of minutes.
- Add the other half of the icing sugar and beat for another couple of minutes.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost the cupcakes and sprinkle a couple of lavender buds on the cupcakes! voila….