Pistachio - Rose Loaf:
- Flour - 120gm
- Butter - 100gm
- Sugar - 100gm
- Eggs - 2 large
- Baking powder - 1teaspoon
- Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- Toasted Pistachio - 75gm
- Dried rose petals - handful (or) rose water - 1-2 teaspoons
- Zest of one orange
- Milk - 60ml
Orange Blossom Glaze:
- Orange Blossom Water (i used this one) - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Heavy Cream - 2 tablespoons
- Icing sugar - 100-125 gm
- Toasted pistachio, rose petals - to garnish (optional)
Pistachio- Rose Loaf:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line the loaf tin with parchment sheet.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- Add the vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder alternating with milk.
- Mix thoroughly until completely incorporated.
- Fold in the toasted pistachios and rose petals.
- Fill the loaf tin and bake for about 30-40 minutes, check with a wooden skewer to see if completely baked.
Orange Blossom Water Glaze:
- In a bowl, add the orange blossom water and cream. Mix well.
- Sift and mix the icing sugar, so its thick enough and does not run off the cake.
- Once the cake is cooled, pour the glaze over the cake and let it set for a few minutes.
- Garnish with more toasted pistachios and rose petals.