- Flour - 150gm
- Butter - 100gm
- Eggs - 2 Large
- Caster sugar - 100gm
- Milk - 100ml
- Earl Grey Tea- 3 tablespoons
- Lemon zest - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoons
- Blueberries - 100gm
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 2-3 tablespoons
- Icing Sugar - 150gm
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add milk and 2 tablespoons of your favourite Earl Grey Tea or 2 tea bags. Once boiled, let it cool. Blitz one tablespoon of Earl Grey.
- Grease and line the loaf tin with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light, fluffy and smooth.
- Add and beat one egg at a time.
- Add the Earl grey infused milk and earl grey powder.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder.
- Mix thoroughly until completely mixed.
- Fold half of the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, sprinkle the rest of the blueberries on the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, check from 28 minutes. Poke with a wooden skewer to see if completely baked.
- Once baked, let it cool.
- In a bowl, add the lemon juice. Sift the icing sugar and mix completely.
- If too thin, add more icing sugar.
Pour the glaze on the cooled cake and let it set.